Welcome to Iris AO, Inc.
Iris AO, Inc. manufactures small scale, microelectromechanical (MEMS) based adaptive optics (AO) systems that offer radical advantages in cost, size, power consumption, durability and flexibility. Iris AO systems make AO practical for a host of new applications, including retinal and biomedical imaging, portable laser communications and horizontal imaging.
Our manufacturing process is designed from the outset to enable large stroke, low cost, small size and scalability to meet the demands of imaging applications. In addition to the deformable mirror technology, Iris AO manufactures calibrated high-voltage high-channel-count drive electronics, AO controllers, and AO development systems. Factory calibration makes Iris AO's systems easy to operate and ready to use out of the box, dramatically reducing development time.
- Meet us at SPIE Photonics West booth #434 and BIOS Expo booth #8434 in San Francisco, CA, USA on 7-12 February 2015.
- Check out our Oct 2014 quarterly newsletter to find out what has been going on at Iris AO: our new harsh environment packaging for laser testing, sponsorships and software updates included.
- Iris AO has been confirmed as one of a select few adaptive optics manufacturers sponsoring the Workshop on Adaptive Optics for Industry and Medicine (AOIM 2015) in Padova, Italy June 15-19 2015. Learn more.
- Iris AO is pleased to announce Laser 2000 Spain as an authorized product distributor. This European partnership began over 2 years ago with Laser 2000 Germany and Laser 2000 France, and we are excited to expand the visibility of our products overseas through our collaboration with Laser 2000 Spain. Juan-Luis Vadillo, sales manager at Laser 2000 Spain, will be the main point of contact. Learn more.
- Iris AO is continuously improving the function of our mirrors with high-power lasers. Our harsh-environment upgrade consists of a water-cooled heatsink and purge ports to eliminate organic materials. Learn more.
- The Iris AO team will be at the SPIE Astronomical Telescopes + Instrumentation conference at Montreal, Quebec, Canada on 25-26 June 2014. Stop by booth #106 to see our high performance MEMS deformable mirrors in action and meet us. À bientôt à Montréal!
- Iris AO welcomes two new distributors to expand into Asian markets. MoreSeeker and Aunion Tech will handle sales of our deformable mirror and AO system products in the People's Republic of China. Check our contacts page for more information.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) awards a Phase II SBIR to Iris AO to develop flight-like MEMS deformable mirrors (DM) for space telescopes. Research funds from NASA will be used to develop and demonstrate wafer-scale assembly of DM arrays and increase drive-electronics resolution to up to 18 bits. The research will reduce MEMS DM fabrication costs and enable picometer-resolution DMs.
- Iris AO expands its sales force in the US with the addition of HMS Technology Sales. Harry Skolnik, principal of HMS Technologies, adds 15 years of experience in wavefront sensing for lasers and optical systems. We are proud to add Mr. Skolnik to our dedicated team of engineers and sales force to sell our world class MEMS deformable mirrors and adaptive optics systems. Please contact Mr. Skolnik or Iris AO for any questions or price requests.
- SPIE Photonics West 2014 Exhibition Feb. 4-6: Come see Iris AO high performance MEMS deformable mirrors in action in booth #6062 in the North Hall.